Twas the night before classes would start, and all through the dorm the college kids were sleeping...except for me. Because I (stupidly) drank caffeine too late in the evening and then proceeded to watch an intense action thriller (but it was with Mark Wahlberg, so it's ok!). I didn't even drink that much, but I've practically cut it out of my system the past two weeks, and so now my body doesn't know what to do with this strange substance that is coursing through its veins. And to top it off I'm like a 4th grader all nervous and excited for the first day of school tomorrow. I mean, it's not like I'm about to start my junior year of college or anything... And yet, I keep having all these thoughts run through my brain as I try to sleep like, "Wait, did I buy enough notebooks?" or "Where is Marston again?" (kidding...) or "Oh no. I haven't packed my backpack yet. What if I don't have time in the morning? Maybe I should get up even earlier..." See? Just like a little kid. So instead of sleeping guess what I'm doing...You are so smart. Blogging. Rachel's cure for the "I can't sleep blues." (Not entirely true. I'm not really sure that staring at a computer screen helps, but it at least keeps my thoughts from bouncing all around my brains.)
But seriously. How crazy is it that I'm about to start my junior year of college? Let me just tell you....SO crazy. I'd say that it seems like yesterday when I was about to start my freshmen year, but I'm not sure that it really feels like it was yesterday. Yesterday kind of seems like yesterday, if that makes any sense. And freshmen year kind of seems like a long time ago. But at the same time I'm sitting here thinking, "Where did those two years get to?" I don't know what to tell you, Rachel. But you are, in fact, half-way done with college and about to start the other half. And it's time to stop dwelling on how crazy this all is and start focusing on the task at hand. That being school. (Actually it's time to sleep, but hopefully after a few more minutes of typing I'll get sleepy enough to do so.) Time to jump in and tackle this year. Make the most of my classes, apply myself, focus. Learn. Grow. And have some fun along the way. Of course. :) I can't possibly study all the time. I'd go absolutely mad! Well...a little mad at least. Alrighty then. 12:12 and I think it's high-time I got to bed. Goodnight, world!
No comments:
Post a Comment