It is just a weensy bit too hot and sticky to attempt to sleep at the moment. And I figured that now was as good as any time to write, seeing as how I'd just be laying here otherwise. There's a bug crawling about my screen, and a beautiful lightning display out my window, my window which is closed tonight due to the inconvenience of rain, and would be, in part, why I cannot sleep as of yet. And whilst I do enjoy sleeping (especially when I have to get up early to go to the dentist), I also enjoy watching the lightning of this fine summer storm light up the woods around my house. So for a bit I shall pass the time looking out my window, blowing the bug off my screen and typing up some thoughts for you, my dear reader.
I'm always fairly amazed by storms. Such an amazing display of power. The storm tonight is rather mild, as far as storms go. Lightning aplenty, but rather more like heat lightning than the huge bolts we sometimes get. I don't imagine there will be much damage from this storm, thankfully! Just a good hard rain. It's like a strobe light is on outside of my window, and I'd be half tempted to have a dance party outside, if I weren't vaguely frightened of being struck by said lightning. The occasional giant bolt that lights up the woods like it's midday is enough to remind me that this is still a storm, and not a time to play in the rain. The thunder is rumbling gently, and would be a soothing sound to fall asleep to if it weren't so hot in here! My ceiling fan is on, but it's just moving the hot air around. I've kicked all the covers off my bed and am just laying on top of my bottom sheet, but I'm still sweating and sticking to myself. I shall try not to complain too much, because it could be worse. The power could go out and I would have no air movement at all. The storm could be much louder making it ever so much harder to sleep. I could be camping right now and be absolutely miserable as rain pours into my tent. The internet could be down as it is at camp (and then I wouldn't get to write to you!). And there could be so many things that would make this night worse than it is. So I shall try not to complain, and rather enjoy the lights display from the comfort of my bed. And I shall fall asleep to the sound of rain hitting my roof and the thunder rumbling in the distance and be grateful that I have a house and electricity and all the wonderful things the Lord has provided me with. Amen. And Good Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment