Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer Begins!

Sorry for the lack of posts lately! Just a quick update on life since being home.

Finals got done almost two weeks ago now. My parents came down that Friday and we managed (somehow!) to get all my stuff packed into the car and leave enough room for ourselves! It was a tight squeeze for sure. And once again I was reminded that I have way too much stuff! So one goal for this summer is to go through everything and clean it out. After getting everything packed in tight, my parents and I headed to Peoria for my cousin Joanna's wedding. And thus began the summer of weddings! We had a great time getting to see and spend time with family that we don't get to see all the time. Joanna and Matt's ceremony was beautiful, and I'm so glad to have been able to celebrate with them! I've been blessed with a big extended family that loves each other and more importantly loves God! It's always good to be with family.

After the wedding reception it was time to head back to Door County. Many hours in the car later, and I was home! Then began the task of unpacking, which I'll admit was a slower process than it should have been. I wanted to start the cleaning out process as I went, but there was so much to go through that I'm still not completely done...also probably because I get bored of working on it and typically fail at trying. :) Don't worry, someday it will happen. Someday...

The rest of my time home has been spent by doing some odd jobs, watching many episodes of Project Runway, and otherwise bumming! It's been too cold to do much outside, until today that is! Looking forward to getting some sun now for sure. Saturday my mom and I made a quick trip down to Zion for wedding #2 of the summer, and then headed over to Lake Geneva area for my cousin's graduation party. Again, it was great to see some friends and family that we don't see all the time. Julie and Jani are the last to graduate from the Finger clan. It's been fun to be able to celebrate several graduations between the Gregorniks and the Stewarts in the last several years.


We drove home that night making for a long day and a late night, but there's always a lot of stuff to do and it's hard to be gone for too long when we're just about to hit the busy season, which will (very) soon be upon us. Church on Sunday, and an 30th anniversary party for Rick and Joyce Johnson that night. I'm grateful for the influence these two wonderful people have had in my life for the past...I don't know how many years. I always feel welcomed from the moment I walk in to their home. They always make me feel like I'm just another part of their family! Monday was Memorial Day, which was spent (as per tradition) at a Fish Boil at the Weborgs. Love me a Door County fish boil! I also got to spend a little bit of time with my dear friends Jeni and Bonnie getting coffee at Brew Monday morning. So good to be able to catch up with these ladies for a bit! Today I spent the afternoon doing mulch for a camp neighbor. It was hard work, but I'm glad for the cash and a bit of sun I was able to get!

And that is life so far! Looking forward to wedding #3 this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment