Well, here I am, back in Greenville after returning from a relaxing and muchly needed break. I know what you're thinking: Spring Break in snowy Wisconsin is in no way relaxing. But if, in fact, this is what you are thinking, I'm here to tell you that you are dead wrong! The snow was almost completely gone when I left... True, our beaches were still frozen solid, but I fully enjoyed my time at home, even if I didn't get a tan. ;)
I flew into Midway Friday night, met my dad on the other end and we drove back into Zion. Saturday was spent at Zion Benton High School getting ready for the Camp Zion Spaghetti Supper and Dessert Throwdown fundraiser! And of course, Saturday night was said Throwdown. It was a great night filled with food, friends, and auctions! Not sure how much the camp brought in, but it was an awesome time to be sure! Church on Sunday at CCC (always love being there for church!) and birthday dinner with the family at Hu Hot. (Note. If you don't enjoy being sung to at restaurants, don't go to the bathroom and give your parents the opportunity to tell them it's your birthday. Though at Hu Hot they make a big fire for you when they sing, so that's cool I guess.) After nap time, Mom and I hit up a few stores, and that was Sunday! Monday I left to drive back up to the DoCo while my family went over to camping convention near Wausau. I am proud to announce that Molly and I successfully made the drive to the DoCo without getting lost or pulled over. I am pleased. :) We drove straight through (no stops!) and made it just fine. Tuesday was my birthday (!) and I celebrated by getting my hair cut! I can no longer call myself a teenager; I think I'm ok with this. I also spent the evening with my two dear friends, Kayla and Andrea. Our typical hang-out when we're all home is Culver's and a movie. Culver's, as per usual, was delicious, and the movie, as per usual, was ok. Johnny Depp did make an interesting lizard, but Rango wasn't my favorite movie... Wednesday I didn't do a whole lot, same with Thursday. It was really nice to just be able to lie around and not have to worry about having something to do but watch shows on TLC. Friday my family and I drove down to Milwaukee to watch the Bucks play! I don't really follow the Bucks, but hey! It was free! And we had great seats, AND the Bucks won! Sweet! So that was pretty fun. Saturday, again, didn't do a whole lot (except for pack and visit with the Johnsons) and then I headed back on Sunday. Had to drive through rain, sleet and snow to be able to enjoy the BEAUTIFUL 70 degree weather we have going on down here! Hope it's here to stay!!
That was my break in a nutshell! It was greatly needed and very relaxing. Sometimes doing nothing is the best relaxation there is! And now I'm ready to tackle the rest of this semester, and then it's summer time! Hooray!! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment