As I've said before, I love to people watch. Lucky for me, I flew home for spring break and airports are quality people watching places! I apologize if these observations are perhaps more cynical than previous observations, I didn't mean for them to be. Again, I will add a disclaimer: I have no idea what is actually going on in these peoples' lives. I am not a mind reader. Anything said hereafter is purely a figment of my imagination based on the people I see around me.
Not my best seating choice as far as people watching goes.. My first seat would have been better. But I wanted one of the cool comfortable chairs with outlets on the side. Turns out they don't have free wifi, so the outlets really aren't necessary...But the chair is comfortable. I just can't see the whole section of people to properly people watch. I'll make do.
Woman to my 12:00. She's been sitting in one of those wheelchairs they use to push people to their flights since before I got here. And I've been here for quite some time now. She doesn't seem like she's in a rush to get anywhere. Sometimes, I wonder if people actually need the wheelchairs, or if they are just overweight and don't want to walk. Exercise, novel concept isn't it? I get the feeling Woman to my 12:00 falls into the latter group...She's not obese, but she for sure won't be running a marathon any time soon. I don't think she'll be running any where for a while. She keeps shouting into the mouthpiece of her phone. Literally shouting. Excuse me, ma'am? There's a lot of people in the terminal...and you're being quite loud. And by quite...I mean, I think whomever you are talking to just went deaf. I think she's one of those people that just likes to talk about their problems to anyone who has ears. As if the whole world exists merely to listen to her and sympathize with her problems. A word to those people, we don't really want to hear. Sorry! She's been talking the gate attendant's ear off for 20 minutes now. I hate to break it to you, Woman at my 12:00, but the gate attendant's job is not to listen to you tell about your day, she does, in fact, have to help people get on the plane. It's disappointing, I know.
Frazzled woman to my 2:00. Another difficult personality, if I had to guess. She, however, is the one who thinks she is 100x more amazing than she really is. The one who thinks she's a gorgeous young trophy wife with all the right brands on. Unfortunately, Ms. Frazzled, your Gucci bag is a knock-off, and your Reeboks don't quite say "high fashion!" She has this look on her face that says "I have a million places I'd rather be, and a million friends who wish they were with me right now." With all due respect, Ma'am, you're flying to Midway, not LA. And the velvet sweatsuit? Really not doing it for you...
Business Man. 3:00. I think he might be pretending to be a business man. Or maybe he's a not overly successful business man, but would like the world to think he is. Nice black suit (I don't know anything about suits. It could be a cheap black suit...) but the brown shoes underneath the black dress pants are a dead giveaway. Sorry, sir. You tried to cut a dashing figure, but you just didn't quite make it. A tie would have helped. And a Mac. He's trying to look important as he sits with his ancient Dell and one finger resting on his temple. "I'm really very important, and doing incredible important work right now," is what he would like us all to think. I'm on to you, Mr. Fake Businessman. I'm on to you. In reality, he's probably wishing he had gotten here earlier so he could have completed his fake look with one of these fine chairs I find myself sitting in. They he could look the part of a highly successful business man with a very important job to do on this very important business trip. As it is, the brown shoes, lack of tie, ancient Dell and non-comfy chair is just shy of the the mark. Good try though. You almost had me. Now he's on a very important phone call. And he wants to be sure he talks loudly so that everyone can know this call he's on is of utmost importance. I bet it's his wife, telling him to be sure to buy milk on the way home from the airport. Maybe he's not on the phone at all. I'd believe it if he were faking a call...
Welp. Boarding soon. Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment