Saturday, January 15, 2011

Break Update

Welp. It is now the 15t of January which means I've got about 10 days left of my six week vacation from school. Then it's off to second semester. It's been nice to be home, but it will be good to be back at school again too. Door County's not the most exciting place to be during the long winter months. I love being home, but I'll be glad to see my friends again! I could do without the school work, though. ;)

So let's see. What have I done over this break? Not a whole lot... I got to see some good friends from the greater Zion area that I haven't seen in a while over New Year's. It was a fun weekend of hiking, swimming and banagrams- just wish we could have had some snow! And I've been helping out at camp some; working at getting some promotional stuff made. It's been a little frustrating as we've found ourselves faced with copyright laws and such. It's not that I don't want to follow the copyright laws. I understand why they exist and that musical groups need to be payed, I just wish it was easier to use the music that I like! We've had to rethink how to do promotional videos so as to not break copyright laws. So anyways. I've been doing that some. And what else? I've gotten to catch up with some friends. Always good to see people after a long time of not seeing them. I had a sleepover with my good friend Kristi, and another one with several of my girl friends from high school. It was just like old times. :) Staying up late, watching movies (typically Disney movies), eating junk food, and then crashing in a pile of blankets to sleep for a few hours before someone moves and wakes everyone else up. Kristi just discovered these funnel cake fry things. Not as good as county fair funnel cake, but a pretty good substitute! I had a coffee date with another friend from high school, and we had a great time catching up. She just got done with her first semester of college, and it was fun trading stories. And I must say, Blue Horse has some of the best chai lattes. Ever. MMmmmmm. :) I'm told they make their own chai. I don't know how one goes about making chai, but theirs is delicious. If you ever find yourself in Fish Creek and looking for a good chai latte, head on over to the Blue Horse. You won't be disappointed! I started reading Don Quixote (in English. Someday I will attempt it in Spanish...). It's been on my list to read, but I don't think I realized what an undertaking it would be! It's well over 900 pages long, and while entertaining...I'm only about 300 pages in... Sorry, Joyce. I may have to mail it back to you if I don't get it done over this break! For those of you who don't know, the story of Don Quixote is a famous Spanish novel about a somewhat delusional man who believes he is a knight (he isn't), who sets off to undertake what he believes to be many wild and crazy adventures. Luckily, the book is a much more entertaining read that I had originally thought it would be. Now if only it was just a little shorter... But rest assured, I will finish it. Eventually. And that's really about all that I've done. I've watched several movies with my family and friends (Netflix. What a wonderous invention.), cleaned a bunch of stuff out of my room, took said stuff to Julie's to (hopefully) sell, went to a few basketball games and good ol' Gibraltar, made some delicious treats including, but not limited to, guacamole, and otherwise just kind of bummed around. I'm loving not having school work to be doing, but if I'm being completely honest I'll be ready to get back into the swing of things. We'll see how I'm feeling in a few weeks. ;) Anywho. That's a little update on my break! Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment