Thursday, December 2, 2010

November

Two posts in one week?! I'm on a roll!

November-
I feel like November must have been twice as long as most months, because it was jammed-packed with fun stuffs! Started November off with soccer, what else? For the first time ever Greenville Women's Soccer not only got the second seed in conference, but also got to host the semi-final match. Against our rivals, no less! And we OWNED that game. 6-1 baby! This put us going to the Conference tournament game against powerhouse Principia. Unfortunately after a long fought game, we didn't make it on to the NCAA tournament. But second in Conference is still pretty sweet (and turns out the season wasn't quite done yet!).

Because we didn't make it on to the NCAA tourny, I got to go out to California to spend some time with the bestie! I had a great time with Kirsten and John as we (they...not me) took engagement photos, and as we all walked around the beaches, ate lots of yummy foods, visited Hollywood, and did all kinds of fun things that one does in California! I got to see and touch the ocean for the first time (one down, three to go!) as well as visiting California for the first time! It was a great, and much needed time away from Greenville. I just need AirTran to mess up a few more times so I can keep getting free tickets!! ;)

Upon getting back to Greenville I shifted my focus back to soccer because, as I said, our season wasn't quite over. We didn't make it to the NCAA tournament, but our team qualified to try for the NCCAA tournament, the National Christian tournament. So after a week of practices we headed up to Chicago to play Trinity International in the first-round regional game. It was so much fun to travel with my girls another time (and pick whatever movies we wanted since the boys weren't with us!) and while we didn't win the game, we had an awesome time! Both teams put up a heck of a fight, and in the end it was TIU to pull off the win. Losses are disappointing, but I'm told that's not what I'll remember twenty years from now. What I will remember is the crazy singing, the devotional times we shared, the times walking around the mall, the laughter and the fun things we did. So while we say goodbye to that season, I will never forget all the crazy times we had, nor will I forget the girls that made those times so awesome. You know I love those girls...

The next week was Thanksgiving! I won't go into too much detail since I already wrote about that day somewhat. I will say that I had such a good time with family and friends. AND that I ate FAR too much! Mmm. I love me a home-cooked meal! I also love long car rides (well sometimes) with good friends with whom I can have wonderful conversations. Thanksgiving weekend was another good and needed break, but I was still ready to come back and see my friends!

And then I came back to school and started to work to get ready for finals. I tell you though, I think I've had more homework this week than I've had this whole semester. Whew. I'm ready for it to be done! So here's to December! Wonder what this month will bring me...

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment