Sunday, December 26, 2010

Break thus far


I feel the need to post, though I don't really know that I have much to say at this moment in time. I'll just write. We'll see where it goes...

I am currently sitting on my bed at my home in Wisconsin for the first time since August (ok, if you really must know last night was the first time since August. And if you'd really like to get technical it was this morning...). Between soccer and living 10 hours away from school, I don't really get home much. Thanksgiving was spent halfway at my grandparents house so as to minimize driving on both ends. And then I spent the first part of this break in Zion throwing a bridal shower for my dear friend Kirsten (Gosh! That is still so strange!!) and also out in Arizona visiting family. And so here I am. Back in Wisconsin. For a month until I have to head back to Greenville for second semester. Should be a rolling good time.

So let's see. What would be exciting to post about? That is the question. What is exciting in the life of Rachel Stewart? Hmm....Well, I took the train for the first time. Ok. Not entirely true. I've been on trains before, but not for more than an hour or so, and not by myself. I wasn't by myself on the first one, but I was going from Chicago to Waukegan. The first train I took with a few friends. It was a pretty good time. Not horribly exciting, but hey! It's a pretty cheap and easy way to travel. Now if only Greenville had a train station.....

What else? ....After getting safely into Zion, I threw my best friend her first bridal shower. It was a little strange, I'll be completely honest. We've always said we'd be each other's maids of honor, but when it comes down to it, it's pretty weird. I think when you're little and saying, "I'll be in your wedding someday!" you don't actually think about what this actually means. My best friend is getting married. And I couldn't be happier for her. Honestly, I couldn't. It's just...different. I don't really know how else to put it. She and I have been together for a loooonnnnnggggggg time. I'm excited for many, many more years, and especially so as we enter into this new dimension of our friendship. Ours is a friendship of fairy-tales. :) The bridal shower was fun though. Somewhat crazy, but you know how I do! I think I've only been to like one before. Ever. So...I didn't really know what I was doing (story of my life). But it was really small, and nice, and fun (hopefully!). She's leaving for Africa in two days. Lucky poop. ;) Saying goodbye was hard though. And embarrassing. Not our finest moment. We'll survive. I'll miss her like crazy, but we'll survive.
During our wonderful trip to Cali! Best Friends forever life!


Let's see. After Zion, I headed out with the fam to sunny Arizona. Eh...it was sunny most of the time. When I was little we made the trek out to AZ every other Christmas, but we've gone three years in a row now! Always good to see my mom's side of the family, though this year was one of the smaller get togethers. My mom's parents, her oldest sister and my uncle, two of my cousins and their families and us! Not exactly small I guess, but when you're used to close to 40 people, 20 seems pretty small! I also got to see two of my good friends while I was out there! They graduated last year from Greenville and now live out there. So we got together to eat some Red Robin. Yumm! Pretty good trip. Saw the family, got some sun (a little, but I'll take what I can get), had fresh tamales, played with my little cousins, saw some friends, and had enchiladas from Macayos. :) ¿Que más se necesita? After a long flight back Christmas Day, and a long drive after that I have arrived in the not so sunny Wisconsin. Good ol' Wisconsin.

So here I am. Wisconsin. Door County. Gills Rock. Mi casa. Listening to Pandora. How I love Pandora Radio! Went to church today. Opened family Christmas presents (new snow pants! and a new camera!) watched some football (Bear down, Chicago Bears!) and went to the Johnson's to celebrate Jeni's birthday, eat some yummy cake and play fun games. And talk- but maybe that should go without saying. :) And I guess that that's all I have to say about that! g'night world.

No comments:

Post a Comment