I started October right after having a wonderful visit from my parents. They came down to spend a few days here in the Ville, see a few soccer games (one win, one loss), eat at the new restaurants in town, see the sights (of which there are so very many in Greenville!) and help me figure some things out for the upcoming months and years. I will never be too old to get a hug from my parents while I'm upset over something that's out of my control. It was so good to have them here for a few days, to get some groceries :) and some much needed advice. I am so grateful for the example my parents lead and the love they continually show me. I am also constantly encouraged at the support they show me in whatever I choose to do.
October brought me an excessive amount of soccer games. When I look back at my planner from October it seemed that all we did was play soccer! Not that I'm complaining, we've had a fantastic season and played some really good games during October. There were a lot of wins, a few losses and a tie, and a whole bunch of really good memories. October also included two overnight soccer trips. I took my first trip to Kentucky for a big win over Spalding and after a big Homecoming win (!) we took off for our annual trip to Chicago. After spending some quality time at Chipotle with my dear friends Kirsten and Rebecca, and a lot of walking around the downtown area we played (and tied) one of the toughest teams we'll play all season. My dad came down for that game so we got to sit and talk during the guy's game. :) It was a very short visit, but a good one none the less. That next weekend we lost to Webster for the second time, but I was able to drive up to Champaign to visit with my momma, grandma, aunt, great aunt, and my uncle. Another quick visit, but one that brought a much needed break from the day to day Greenville life. Finished off October with two more wins and a wonderful senior day. I'm so glad to have been able to play with these seven girls for two years. They are all amazing players and friends, and their presence will be missed next year. Love the times we have all had together!
October of course brought classes and homework too, but I try not to dwell on those. ;) Classes, toiling over Spanish papers, and preparing for tests in no way compare to all the fun times we had. Which, we most definitely made time for. Banangrams, camp fires, Freak Show Fridays, and Haunted Houses, Family Dinners, trips to Edwardsville for church, movie nights, and just going crazy with my girls! Who ever said there's nothing to do in Greenville never hung out with my friends and I!
All in all, October was a very fun and busy month. Much soccer, family and fun made for another great time at good old Greenville College. And that's all I have to say about that! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment