Monday, December 31, 2012

Looking Back: 2012

2012 was a big year for me. Here are some (a few of many!) highlights.

In 2012 I...

-spent 4 months in Guatemala! I say it was a highlight of the year, and it definitely was, but it is something I will remember for the rest of my life. I learned so much during this time, and am so grateful for the time I spent there.


-made new friends

-watched the Beautiful game. Once live, and many times on tv with Don Carlos.

-taught English to a bunch of elementary school kids and stepped way outside of my comfort zone. But God is good, and I grew to love it...and them!



-got my 2nd Star Wars filming location shot by visiting Tikal, by far one of the coolest places I've seen in any of my travels.

-drank lots of coffee, here and abroad

-turned 21! Definitely won't be forgetting this birthday anytime soon. And definitely not celebrated in your typical 21st fashion.


-experienced Holy Week, Guatemala style


-learned how to barter


-came back to school and made so many new friends!

-finished out my competitive soccer career, and beat Prin!

-got a puppy (ok my parents did, but close enough...right?)


-spent time with family 




-became a barista
-staffed a week at camp
-cheered on my girls to a 1st time victory over Principia College
-watched many movies
-got a car
-studied too much ;)
-finished COR 401!
-became a 2nd semester senior
-conquered my toughest semester yet


-laughed, lived, and loved much

here's to 2013 and all it may bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment