My competitive soccer career has come to an end, after nearly 17 years (what in the world?!). Hard to believe. I feel like I've always...correction.... I have always had soccer in my life! Not that it's left completely now, I just probably won't play competitively again. It's been a good ride, and I'm so blessed by all the teammates, coaches, parents and fans who have been a part of that for me. I'm especially thankful for all the friendships I've made through soccer over the last four years. After high school, I didn't plan on playing soccer, and I'm grateful for Greenville giving me the chance to play for a few more years. Soccer's helped me to grow, and the past four years on this team have helped me solidify who I am on and off the field. I've had some time to process the fact that it's done now, and have made a (in no way complete) list of some favorite memories...which may or may not make sense to any of you...
1) Beating Prin. Hands down the best win of my life. Nothing will come close to that again.
2) Pranking the coaches. (I mean, not that I would do anything like that...)
3) Mac's room not getting cleaned after the previous people stayed there. Bachelorette party...that's all I'll say.
4) Annie verbally abusing the ball boy.
5) Zipping Em's coat: Issues.
6) Jenny whipping off her shirt SO fast when Zig was about to pass out so they could put water on it and put it around Zig's neck.
7) Playing soccer volleyball instead of practice one day.
8) Handball instead of practice another.
9) Kim-Kim and I making weird noises during indoor that no one else ever noticed.
10) Mac announcing at half time that his wife was pregnant
11) Music with Bee and Jon
12) Mark's song in Texas
13) Getting to travel with my cousin my freshman year
14) T straight picking up Tom when he got injured
15) Red coaching me during our very first game. While she played next to me.
16) Flat tires
17) Playing the freeze game to trick the coaches
18) Andy and Jon being attached for partners kickball
19) Dance parties
20) Mac putting in March of the Penguins on the way to Chicago...what?? haha!
21) The River Walk
22) Wobbling at every gas station
23) Chili cook-off
24) Snipers
25) When Jon told the ref he was on a power trip and got a card
26) Abby telling me to "say a prayer, preach" when some girl took me out
27) Mindy helping me through my first 120s
28) Senior Song
29) Singing for Bible Study
30) Singing "Love the way you lie" at devo time
31) Unlimited Budgets...oh wait.
32) Chicago trips
33) Spiders in your shin guard!
34) New friendships
35) Becoming family
36) Making fun of Ohio State because it ticked Mac off
37) Wiggle face game
38) Freak Show Fridays
39) Scavenger Hunts
40) My girls. Every year.
And so many more.
No comments:
Post a Comment