Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Long overdue update

I sincerely apologize for my inconsistency in posting lately. I have been so insanely busy, and even now I have a hundred other things to be doing, but I'm taking a minute to post, for therapeutic reasons :). So here's just a little update on life.

I've now been in classes for a month and a half or something crazy like that, and am down to the final five games of regular season soccer. Time flies! And let me just tell you, it's been so busy. Good, but busy. I feel like I hardly have a chance to breathe! We've been traveling a lot for soccer lately, which tends to mean missing classes. I enjoy being a student athlete, but it can be hard to balance everything and stay up with all I need to get done. I'll be grateful for some time to just focus on classes when soccer is done for the year. That being said, I do really enjoy having the opportunity to still play the game I love, and love getting to spend time with my teammates on our trips out of Greenville. Our team has been improving steadily throughout the season, and I'm excited to see what all we can accomplish with the remainder of our season. We've been attending an all athletics Bible study that Rachel B and I have been leading the worship for. It's been really encouraging to be able to worship and grow with my fellow GC athletes. My classes this semester are challenging, but in a good way (for the most part). I feel like I've had a lot more homework, specifically reading, this year than in semesters past, but at the same time I find the subject material interesting. It makes it a little easier to do the work when I find it enjoyable. Save for a few classes, I am enjoying the material being presented to me in class. It's starting to turn into fall here, which might possibly be my favorite time of year. Of course, I say that every time the seasons change. I love it when summer turns into fall, fall into winter, winter to spring and spring to summer. Just that little change to break up the monotony. But I really do love fall, with all the trees changing colors, the air getting just a bit cooler and crisper, when I can pull out and wear sweaters and boots, and of course the appearance apples and pumpkin spice lattes. Mmmm. Yes, I love fall indeed. It hits a little later down here than it does back home and I've been ready for the seasons to change for awhile now. Case and point, I sent all my shorts and tank tops home with my parents when they were down here thinking it was about time for fall to start, and then it stayed in the mid 80s that whole next week. I'm hoping it starts to cool down for good soon. Fall just isn't the same when it's constantly hot. Gotta love Southern Illinois weather. At least in Wisconsin when it gets cold you know it's going to stay cold. None of this changing back and forth stuff. You know when you wake up it will be cold, it's just a matter of how cold and how many layers you need to put on. :) So yeah. That's been life since my last post, which was shamefully long ago. Sorry bout that!

No comments:

Post a Comment