Monday, February 21, 2011

Homework break post!

I'm taking a homework break. (Which, if you would like the literal translation of that statement means: I'm over studying for this test tomorrow! I can only take so much review of Second Language Acquisition!!) So instead of studying and making flash cards (I also have a Spanish vocab quiz this week. AND an Anthropology quiz! Sheesh! Three quizzes in one week!) I am wasting time on the internet. Story of my life....always seems to work out in the end for me though! And since I don't have anything horribly exciting to write about...you get random updates from my life right now! Yay! :D You don't have to read them. I'm just tired of homework. So here goes....

1) Today it rained. But since I recently caved (I resisted for a long time. I couldn't decide if I liked them or not) and requested/received rain boots for Christmas I was good to go! I actually enjoyed splashing through the puddles with my rain boots and rain coat. My roommate always laughs because it seems like every time I put my rain coat on it stops raining, or I get caught without it in a downpour, but today I successfully wore it in the rain! I was pleased. (Don't judge. You know you love splashing through the puddles.)
2) Due to a recent start in our off season workouts (lifting and such) I have sore muscles that I forgot even existed! You don't use all your muscles every day, and every time I start again with a sport or new work out regimen, I hurt all over!! At least this time, it's the whole girl's team that is having trouble getting out of bed and up and down stairs, and not just me. I suppose I don't really mind too horribly much. I just have to keep reminding myself of the end results!
3) I finished Don Quixote! I started the 982 page book over break. It was on my list to read and I figured I would have plenty of time to read it during my long winter break, right? WRONG! I just now finished it, and while I wasn't able to read it as much once school started, I read every chance I could. And it still took me forever! It was good, but honestly! How many adventures can one hidalgo get himself into???
4) I spent the day Saturday playing in our indoor soccer tournament. Long day. But fun. Greenville had two teams- Orange and Black. I was on orange, and we beat Prin! But that was about it. It's ok though. We fought hard all day! AND I scored. :D Black ended up going on to the semi-finals and winning the tournament for the second year in a row! Hooray!! Good job girls.
5) Though I'm really quite terrible, I've been playing my guitar lots lately! And even though I fumble over the notes and chords, I get excited every time I do make something work the way it was intended to! Someday I'll be able to actually play. But for now I'll keep stumbling my way through, and be pleased with the small victories I have. It's a work in progress...

Anyways. I should probably get back to my homework now...So... later gators!

No comments:

Post a Comment